Monday, September 21, 2015

Learning Something New Everyday!

Hello fellow technology users!  To begin with…I am the person who had never touched an ipad! Yep,  I didn’t have a clue on how to take a screen shot or a picture.  Needless to say, I have been learning a lot these days.  Every time I show my kiddos something new they turn around and show me something new.  Yes, you heard that right!  It’s been quite interesting.  I am amazed at what these kiddos know! 

I’m sure many of you have already been using the app Math Pieces.  It is a great tool that allows you to use base ten blocks to create models.  I had my students create a model using the base ten blocks.  Then they traded ipads and wrote the number in standard form, expanded form, and word form on the ipad. 


 Another app that I have used in class is the Show Me app.  Show Me can be used in many ways.  We have been learning about fairy tales in second grade.  In the writing station I had my students use the typing tool to create their own fairy tales.  The typing was slow but they loved it!  They were able to save their work and come back to it. 

I'm looking forward to reading what others are doing!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing some great examples of how to integrate apps to support classroom instruction! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these! Especially the Show Me app. Excited to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these! Especially the Show Me app. Excited to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these! Especially the Show Me app. Excited to try that!

    ReplyDelete